- Introduction to HTML 5 book is a primary reference during this conversation
- Is it a good ideal to add a bunch more options, fields, and decisions for what to HTML5ize or not throughout Drupal?
Jen Simmons on the Bartik theme
- Garland - been around since D5 as the core/standard theme
- D6 - use a good base theme to override crappy HTML in core
- D7 - folks focusing on making core tpl's non-crappy
- Stark theme - "Zen Lite" - see the HTML that comes straight out of the core tpls - better theme to adapt than Garland (don't do it!)
- Seven - the new core admin/back end theme
Presented John Zavocki
- Programming Primer
- Things are primarily created as arrays in Drupal; lots of nested arrays.
- They're easy to understand, except when you need to get something out of the arrays.
- Examples given from user.module
- Everything inside a content area is a node.
Lead by Charles Lenchner of Democracy in Action.
- What you need from a CRM that Drupal can't do directly
- CRMs need to be whitelisted - need to avoid being blacklisted when sending out your mass emails.
- integrating financial information
- advocacy tools - better targeting and management in mailing lists
- citizenspeak.org - free advocacy tool; emails aren't whitelisted; scalable
- Drupal and CRMs
- How do you tackle separate logins for Drupal and your CRM