Palante Tech has hired a new member of our cooperative, Nina Reyes. Nina comes to us via our colleagues at Rayogram, and brings many years of Drupal experience with her. We're excited to have an awesome new member to work with, and are excited about the additional capacity this provides us to serve our awesome clients!
Palante Tech will be running at limited capacity on May 1st to allow us to participate alongside our client organizations, allies, and the thousands of others across the United States and around the world organizing for the Occupy general strike and International Workers' Day. We're happy that as a worker-owned cooperative, we were able to bring our shared values and beliefs to this consensus-based decision.
Palante Tech is excited to announce Benjamin Doherty as the newest member of our cooperative! Benjamin, aka bangpound on Drupal.org and elsewhere online, is a longtime Drupal developer and contributor to Drupal core and modules.
Panelists: Amye Scavarda (moderator), Chris Strahl, Vanessa Turke, Seth Brown, Rachel Scott
- going from contractor to shop = making a lot of mistakes and surviving them
defining the type of shop you are - what are you selling, what is your market?
- identify your team's strengths and go with them, but also be adaptable in case your market shrinks
- CivicActions - thought they'd be leading shop for political campaigns and candidates and nonprofits - they're a mission-driven, values-based company and choose clients accordingly.
Presentation by Liza Kindred
- Liza's background is fashion - "a lot of stuff that most people here don't care about" - and art, nonprofit boards of art orgs, now a Lullabot (employee #3)
- Liza is obsessed with open business models
- Lullabot - podcasts, high-level consulting, site architecture, development, training, books
- Lullabot is not only professional and successful but cheeky, funny, nontraditional, fun