These are truly raw notes taken at the CiviCRM Developer Camp in NYC. These notes are mostly intended for and thus primarily decipherable by me, but I’m sharing them in case there’s something of use or interest for other folks.
- You use svn to access most recent versions of CiviCRM code
- git is more useful for keeping track of your own changes with local commits, which is not possible in svn
- there's a git-svn tool that pulls from a svn repo into a git repo
- code.creativecommon.org includes the cron job they use for git-svn
- branching in git is far more trivial than branching in svn
- there's also a git-cvs tool out there (useful for Drupal code)