- Features automatically knows what's exportable
- install Strongarm to export/edit variables
- Context - use it for exportable block positioning and visibility
- export all of your views and panels
- Do work in development, export it to code, push code to production, clear your cache, then your changes are in
- allows you to package up many elements and export them to code as a module - doesn't require any dependencies
- apparent major difference between Features and Package Builder - if you export/import Features you need Features on both sites (exported from and imported to); if you're using Package Builder it builds it's own module so can be installed on another site that doesn't have Package Builder.