I'm currently en route from Minnesota, where I helped the Progressive Technology Project train community organizations on using PowerBase, to Detroit for the 2011 Allied Media Conference. This will be my second time in Detroit (I was here for last year's US Social Forum) but my first time at the AMC, and I'm thoroughly excited, not only because the entire event is sure to be amazing, but also because I'm presenting!
Today I successfully set up backing up all of our company's Google Documents to our own server in OpenOffice formats. Here's how I did it.
Facebook API exposes all sorts of useful information – though apparently this changes on a very frequent basis.
Koumbit – non-profit cooperative (non-profit incorporation works better for this in Quebec), they handle not just projects but webhosting, monitoring, etc.
Aegir – Meant to simplify management, updating multiple sites, has a web GUI, so clients can clone etc. sites themselves, do testing, and merge back into their main site.
Angie "webchick" Byron and Greg "heyrocker" Dunlap engage in conversation about the Drupal community, often acting as devil's advocate to each other's arguments and presenting opinions held by Drupal community members other than themselves.
Drush for Teams
- // Write code
- git commit && git push
- //need most recent config?
- drush site-install -y welcom
- install drupal with profile with drush: drush site-install -y (which is the simplified command because of his drushrc.php) full command: drush si --yes $install_profile_name
- Create installation profile files to quickly start from scratch with your standard setup
- drushrc.php can include options you use often for drush commands (e.g. site-install)
Session by Dmitri Gaskin, awesome as always. dmitri01 [at] gmail.com