Facebook API exposes all sorts of useful information – though apparently this changes on a very frequent basis.
Koumbit – non-profit cooperative (non-profit incorporation works better for this in Quebec), they handle not just projects but webhosting, monitoring, etc.
Aegir – Meant to simplify management, updating multiple sites, has a web GUI, so clients can clone etc. sites themselves, do testing, and merge back into their main site.
Angie "webchick" Byron and Greg "heyrocker" Dunlap engage in conversation about the Drupal community, often acting as devil's advocate to each other's arguments and presenting opinions held by Drupal community members other than themselves.
Drush for Teams
- // Write code
- git commit && git push
- //need most recent config?
- drush site-install -y welcom
- install drupal with profile with drush: drush site-install -y (which is the simplified command because of his drushrc.php) full command: drush si --yes $install_profile_name
- Create installation profile files to quickly start from scratch with your standard setup
- drushrc.php can include options you use often for drush commands (e.g. site-install)
Session by Dmitri Gaskin, awesome as always. dmitri01 [at] gmail.com
Panelists: Amye Scavarda (moderator), Chris Strahl, Vanessa Turke, Seth Brown, Rachel Scott
I participated in this panel at the Progressive Technology Project's REVERB training for community organizers working on issues around immigration. Below are notes I wrote before my presentation and a few jotted down quickly during the panel itself. I encourage Jane and Eric, my co-panelists, and everyone else who was there (or not!) to contribute additional thoughts, tips, and comments.
- look at other similar projects, how long those took, what problems you ran into on those
- hourly estimates, number of days
- write out a narrative of the expected timeline
- add a lot of padding to initial estimates
- your estimate builds your client's expectations; don't inflate them artificially
- if you're really honest, some clients might come back and say no; have to accept that possibility
- if you do a high-end hourly estimate, you might come in under budget and the client might get a better deal