Presented by Angie Byron (webchick)
- Angie discovered Drupal by looking at the source of the spreadfirefox.com website!
Presented by Young Hahn of Development Seed
Open Atrium & Context
- Features automatically knows what's exportable
- install Strongarm to export/edit variables
- Context - use it for exportable block positioning and visibility
- export all of your views and panels
- Do work in development, export it to code, push code to production, clear your cache, then your changes are in
Yesterday I installed Open Atrium for the first time. I've been using GoPlan for a few years now and while it's a great app and has been totally satisfactory, we'd prefer to use something free and open source for project management. And since this is a Drupal shop, nothing makes more sense than Open Atrium.
Jen Simmons on the Bartik theme
- Garland - been around since D5 as the core/standard theme
- D6 - use a good base theme to override crappy HTML in core
- D7 - folks focusing on making core tpl's non-crappy
- Stark theme - "Zen Lite" - see the HTML that comes straight out of the core tpls - better theme to adapt than Garland (don't do it!)
- Seven - the new core admin/back end theme
- new core theme, but it's not actually in core yet because it's not done
Raw Notes: CiviCRM Developer Camp - Effective Development Practices (presented by Kurund and Nathan)
These are truly raw notes taken at the CiviCRM Developer Camp in NYC. These notes are mostly intended for and thus primarily decipherable by me, but I’m sharing them in case there’s something of use or interest for other folks.